A Georgia mom is no doubt sniffing around for a lawyer after her four-year-old nearly pierced her tongue on a nose ring that turned up inside a fast-food breakfast burrito.
Frances Rosario says she'd bought the breakfast burrito at a local McDonald's and was sitting with the little girl as she ate – when she noticed something shiny in the tortilla. When she went in to check, she saw that it was part of a nose ring, but when she checked inside the restaurant, no one would take responsibility. She got no satisfaction from contacting the chain's corporate headquarters, either.
Sounds like an unhappy meal to us. (New York Daily News)
Dialing Under the Influence
A German man dialed up a mess of trouble when he was pulled over on suspicion of drunk driving and tried to call his lawyer – using the cop's breathalyzer device.
Bernhard Becker was clocked at a random checkpoint, where he was asked to blow into the blood alcohol scanner. He took the device, but began speaking into it instead, leading officers to guess that they'd made the right choice in checking him out.
A police spokesman says, "We didn't really need the reading. There aren't many sober people who'd do that." (Croatian Times)
Serving Dessert ... No Kids Allowed!
Shoppers in Britain are used to showing ID if they're trying to buy alcohol or cigarettes, but there's now a new item on the adults-only list ... microwavable pudding.
24-year-old Robert Nemeti found that out when he tried to use a self-checkout lane at his local supermarket to make his purchase – only to be flagged by the computer. When an employee rushed over, she asked to see some identification, which Nemeti did not have with him – but the worker agreed that he appeared to be of age, so she approved the transaction.
Nemeti says, "I asked her why and was stunned when she told me: 'It gets hot when you cook it – and you may burn yourself.' Health and safety has gone crazy if you now have to prove you can be trusted with a chocolate pudding." (Daily Mail)