Here's a recipe for Pan-Seared Rib-Eye that I thought you might enjoy. Stop by the Deli Warehouse, 71 Fuller Road in Albany and pick one up today or tomorrow while they're on special for $2.99/lb.!
I heard a story on the news this morning how there is a pizza burger everyone is drooling over and that reminded me of this recipe I have to share with you.
You can stop by the Deli Warehouse, 71 Fuller Road in Albany and pick up most if not all the ingredients right there where you know you're getting the freshest meats, not pre-packaged stuff, at the lowest prices you'll find.
1 1/2 pound ground beef
1/2 pound Italian sausage
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
8 slices mozzarella or provolone cheese
8 Tablespoons jarred marinara sauce
grated parmesan cheese
4 whole Kaiser rolls (or good hamburger buns)
1) First combine the ground beef, Italian sausage, and Italian seasoning in a large bowl, kneading it together and form it into four very large thick patties.
2) Heat a pan over medium-high heat and cook the burgers on one side for several minutes (about 5) until completely browned, then flip-flip-flip the burgers.
3) Lay 2 slices of the cheese of your choice onto each patty and then top with several slices of pepperoni.
4) Let the burgers cook until they’re done all the way through and the cheese is nice and melted (about 3-5 minutes). While you’re waiting on the burgers to finish cooking, split the buns and spread with marinara sauce. Also, sprinkle with parmesan cheese if you have some.
5) Place the hamburger patties on the marinara sauced buns and there you have it. A pepperoni pizza burger!
You can also add any other garnishes you'd like to the burger, like fresh tomato slices or mushrooms. Enjoy!
It's supposed to be a hot one out there today and who wants to add to the heat by firing up the kitchen stove? And a hot meal, who needs that?
That's why I thought you might enjoy something I remember from my childhood, the Dagwood Sandwich! Yep. straight out of the old Blondie cartoon strip!
The first thing you'll need to do is make a stop at the Deli Warehouse, 71 Fuller road in Albany and pick up the ingriedients for this dinner in a sandwich recipe. You'll find a lot of them on special this week!
3 slices rye sandwich bread (on special this week for $2.99/loaf)
2 tablespoons yellow mustard
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
4 slices cooked ham (on special this week for $3.99/lb.)
2 slices American cheese
2 leaves iceberg lettuce (on special this week for $.99/head)
4 slices wunderbar bologna (on special this week for $3.99/lb.)
4 slices salami
6 dill pickle chips
3 slices tomato
4 slices deli turkey (on special this week for $3.99/lb.)
2 slices Swiss cheese
2 pimiento stuffed green olives
1) Lay the three slices of bread out on a cutting board. Smear two of them with a tablespoon each of the yellow mustard. Smear the last one with mayonnaise.
2) Top one of the mustard smeared slices of rye bread with the cooked ham, cheese, lettuce, and wunderbar bologna.
3) Top the second mustard smeared slice of rye bread with the salami, pickle chips, tomato slices, deli turkey, Swiss cheese, and the third slice of rye bread, mayonnaise side down. Stack this unit on top of the first mustard smeared slice.
4) Skewer each green olive with a toothpick. Secure the sandwich with these. Slice the sandwich in half if you'd like and enjoy!
And with the kids back to school this week the Deli Warehouse also has some great specials on things like deli turkey $3.99/lb., cooked ham $3.99/lb., Wunderbar bologna $3.99/lb., hard rolls $2.99/doz., rye bread $2.99 and more that you can use to pack them a delicious lunch!
You can find out more about the Deli Warehouse at their WEBSITE!