Some days I need comfort food and comfort food to me is spaghetti and meatballs. And there is no better thing than homemade spaghetti sauce from fresh tomatoes!
The first step in this recipe is making a stop at the Deli Warehouse, 71 Fuller road in Albany and pick up some fresh tomatoes that you'll find on special this week for the low price of 99 cents/lb.!
grated parmesan cheese
1) To cook pasta sauce, heat olive oil over medium heat in a large iron skillet or heavy saucepan.
2) Add onion, basil, garlic and salt.
3) Saute until onion is tender, approximately 5 minutes.
4) Add tomato, parsley and sugar; heat to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for about 2 hours, stirring often or until sauce has thickened.
5) Remove parsley.
6) Serve over cooked spaghetti or other Italian pasta and top with Parmesan cheese.
And this week the Deli Warehouse has meatballs on special for the low price of just $4.99 for a 5lb. bag, which as we all know would be a tasty addition to our spaghetti dinner!
You can find out more about the Deli Warehouse and their weekely specials at their WEBSITE