I heard a story on the news this morning how there is a pizza burger everyone is drooling over and that reminded me of this recipe I have to share with you.
You can stop by the Deli Warehouse, 71 Fuller Road in Albany and pick up most if not all the ingredients right there where you know you're getting the freshest meats, not pre-packaged stuff, at the lowest prices you'll find.
1 1/2 pound ground beef
1/2 pound Italian sausage
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
8 slices mozzarella or provolone cheese
8 Tablespoons jarred marinara sauce
grated parmesan cheese
4 whole Kaiser rolls (or good hamburger buns)
1) First combine the ground beef, Italian sausage, and Italian seasoning in a large bowl, kneading it together and form it into four very large thick patties.
2) Heat a pan over medium-high heat and cook the burgers on one side for several minutes (about 5) until completely browned, then flip-flip-flip the burgers.
3) Lay 2 slices of the cheese of your choice onto each patty and then top with several slices of pepperoni.
4) Let the burgers cook until they’re done all the way through and the cheese is nice and melted (about 3-5 minutes). While you’re waiting on the burgers to finish cooking, split the buns and spread with marinara sauce. Also, sprinkle with parmesan cheese if you have some.
5) Place the hamburger patties on the marinara sauced buns and there you have it. A pepperoni pizza burger!
You can also add any other garnishes you'd like to the burger, like fresh tomato slices or mushrooms. Enjoy!