Some days I need comfort food and comfort food to me is spaghetti and meatballs. And there is no better thing than homemade spaghetti sauce from fresh tomatoes!
The first step in this recipe is making a stop at the Deli Warehouse, 71 Fuller road in Albany and pick up some fresh tomatoes that you'll find on special this week for the low price of 99 cents/lb.!
grated parmesan cheese
1) To cook pasta sauce, heat olive oil over medium heat in a large iron skillet or heavy saucepan.
2) Add onion, basil, garlic and salt.
3) Saute until onion is tender, approximately 5 minutes.
4) Add tomato, parsley and sugar; heat to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for about 2 hours, stirring often or until sauce has thickened.
5) Remove parsley.
6) Serve over cooked spaghetti or other Italian pasta and top with Parmesan cheese.
And this week the Deli Warehouse has meatballs on special for the low price of just $4.99 for a 5lb. bag, which as we all know would be a tasty addition to our spaghetti dinner!
You can find out more about the Deli Warehouse and their weekely specials at their WEBSITE
There are still a lot of grilling days left and the Deli Warehouse has plenty of great cuts of meat to throw on the barbecue!
Here's a recipe you might enjoy for flank steak. Whiskey actually makes a great marinade. it not only adds flavor to the flank steak but it tenderizes the meat too.
The first thing you need to do is stop at the Deli Warehouse to get your flank steak. At the Deli Warehouse you know you're getting a fresh cut of meat and not something pre-packaged that has sat around for no one knows how long wrapped in plastic.
Having a party this weekend? A fondue is always a hit at parties and here's a recipe for Swiss Cheese Fondue I think you'll enjoy!
First thing you'll wan to do is head on over to the Deli Warehouse, 71 Fuller Road in Albany where you'll find the best tasting Swiss Cheese on special this week for $4.99/lb.!
1. Blend 1/4 cup broth into cornstarch; set aside.
2. Rub fondue pot or saucepan with cut sides of garlic; discard garlic. Add remaining 3/4 cup broth and wine to fondue pot. Heat over medium heat until hot but not bubbling. Add lemon juice. Add cheese, a little at a time, stirring until cheese melts before adding more. Add cornstarch mixture and heat to a boil. Reduce heat and cook for 1 minute.
3. Season with nutmeg and pepper. Keep warm. Serve with bread cubes for dipping.
You'll also find many more items to make your party a big hit at the Deli Warehouse! You can find out more about the Deli Warehouse and their weekely specials at their WEBSITE!